Mind Detox Tips
Mind Detox Meditation is a universally recognised way of relaxing and clearing the mind.
The Trataka Meditation technique is one of our favourites.
All you need is a quiet area and a candle.
- Sit up in any comfortable relaxed position, preferably with the spine straight.
- Place your hands in Gyan Mudra (the thumb tips and index finger meet, while the other three fingers are extended.) Rest your wrists gently on your knees with the palms facing slightly upward.
- Light the candle and ensure that it is about 3 feet away from you and at eye level. Begin to gaze, without blinking, steadily at the candle flame for as long as comfortable. Once the eyes tire or start to tear up, close them and then position the afterimage of the flame between the eyebrows at the centre of the forehead (the physical trigger point of the Third Eye Chakra).
- Focus on this afterimage, trying to keep it steadily fixed in the region of the Third Eye Chakra described above. If the image wavers, moves or loses clarity, just reapply your concentration and restore the position.
The “Meadow” Visualisation
This is ideally suited to both beginners and those with previous experience of meditation.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Imagine, visualise or sense yourself sitting in a rolling green meadow, dotted with white daisies and golden buttercups. The sky above is a beautiful blue and the sun is shining.
- As you are sitting there, sense that a strong ray of golden sunshine is penetrating through the top of your head. See or imagine the warm, golden light of the sun fill your head and then move slowly down your body, filling all of your body cavity with a wonderful, soothing, golden light. As the light of the sun fills your body, dirty black smoke is being gently forced out of the soles of your feet.
- This is all the anxiety and negativity being pushed out and cleansed away. Sense yourself sealing up the top of your head and the soles of your feet and surrounding yourself in a protective cocoon of glowing white light.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and notice how calm, relaxed and wonderful you feel.
Turn off the TV
Can you go through a day without watching TV?
TV is one of the greatest pollutants of the mind and is also responsible for a large number of people turning into “couch potatoes”.
Not only will you consume fewer calories than doing most other things, you will also undoubtedly find yourself reaching for the snack box.
Don’t live your life transfixed by a little box –